I used to hate drinking water. I felt like I could taste every bit of chlorine and other chemicals floating around it. It took me a while to learn to love water, but when I gave up sugary drinks and milk many years ago, I had no choice. Now I never go anywhere without my water bottle.
Since I’m an oil gal, I like to put a drop or two of essential oils in my water when I need an afternoon pick-me-up or want to cleanse my system a little. However, the essential oils I use are the highest quality which means they have the ability to breakdown petrochemicals like plastic. So that limits me to glass or stainless steel water bottles.
For a while I was set on having a glass water bottle. The first one I had was too heavy, but I kept using it. That was until I dropped it and it busted. So of course, I did my research to find a better glass bottle. This next one was a thinner, lightweight glass and even had a place for me to put my tea leaves if I wanted to mix it up a bit. I loved it, but it didn’t last long. It fell out of my bag as I was walking into an essential oil event I was doing. Shattered. Water and glass everywhere.
That was the end of my love affair with glass water bottles.
Review of S’well Bottles
After my terrible experience with glass bottles, I went on the hunt for the best stainless steel water bottle money could buy. That’s when someone introduced me to S’well. Apparently they’re trendy right now and I can see why. I had to talk myself into purchasing such an expensive bottle, but I’m so glad I did! I purchased the turquoise blue 25oz bottle. They have two smaller sizes (17 & 9oz) and come out with new designs all the time.
Benefits of S’well Bottles
- Can add essential oils to your beverage
- Keeps your drinks cold for 24 hours, hot for 12
- 18/8 double-walled stainless steel, non-toxic, non-leaching and BPA free
- 9oz & 17oz fit in a standard sized cup-holder
- 25oz holds an entire bottle of wine 😉 and fits in many cup holders
- Bottles do not condensate
- Mouth is wide enough for ice cubes and drip-free sipping
- Show your personality with the many design options
- Your purchase helps provide clean drinking water to children around the world
Although there is a lot that I love about this water bottle, there are a couple of things I don’t love.
Cons of S’well Bottles
- Lid dents easily. Maybe it’s just my nature with my water bottles, but it fell out of the car and dented the lid. Still works though and lids can be replaced!
- Hard to clean. You can’t put them in the dishwasher. Right now I clean with soapy water, but probably need to get a good brush. They do sell a fancy one.
- No straw option. I drink a lot more water when I have a straw. Problem is most straws are plastic. I do have stainless steel straws, but they are too short for the bottle.
- Expensive. These bottles are about double the price of other quality water bottles, but from my experience so far, it was well worth it!
If you don’t already keep a water bottle with you at all times, I encourage you to start. Water is an essential component to a healthy lifestyle. If you’re an essential oil lover like me, you’re probably already putting lemon or even peppermint essential oils in your water. You need a great, non-plastic, non-toxic water bottle to do that. I encourage you to give S’well bottles a try.
POSSIBLE FREE BOTTLE: When I went to the website to get the link for this post, I couldn’t help myself and began looking for a 9oz bottle for me and Silas. They were actually running a survey deal where I could get another 9oz for free when I completed a short survey! I don’t know who that’s for or how long it’s going on, but it’s worth a shot. Add something to your cart and see if it pops up when you go to view your cart. I can’t wait to get my mini S’well Bottles in!
Side Note: I am in no way getting compensated for this review nor did S’well ask me to write one. I just love sharing a good thing when I find it.
Latest posts by Shana Bresnahan (see all)
- Wintergreen Essential Oil Uses & Benefits - February 7, 2017
- Zendocrine Detoxification Blend Essential Oil Uses & Benefits - January 24, 2017
- Coriander Essential Oil Uses & Benefits - January 10, 2017