It has been a warm spring in Tennessee. With our niece in town, we have spent a good bit of time outdoors lately.
Recently, our neighbor introduced us to some spectacular homemade popsicles that we were able to make together. They are super easy to make, taste tremendous and they have very little added sugar!
- Frozen or fresh organic strawberries
- 1/2 c of water
- 2 packages of Stevia in the Raw, Truvia, or organic sugar
- Popsicle molds or popsicle sticks & mini-muffin tins
I prefer to start with frozen strawberries, but fresh strawberries would work fine. Make sure to purchase organic strawberries because they are on the dirty dozen list. Thaw the strawberries completely. Put approximately two cups in the blender. Blend on low for 10 seconds. I prefer to blend on low because I don’t want to lose too much of the texture. Pour mashed strawberries into a mixing bowl. Add 2 packages of Stevia/Truvia (or 2-3 teaspoons of sugar) and a 1/2 cup of water. Stir.
Pour into mini muffin tins and freeze for two hours. After two hours add popsicle sticks to the center. Another great option is to purchase popsicle molds.
Kids see this as a special treat, but really they are consuming whole strawberries with a minimal amount of added sugar. Everyone wins with this sweet treat!
Latest posts by Casey Bresnahan (see all)
- Warm-Up Exercise to Increase Agility and Flexibility - November 8, 2016
- An Alternative Way to Calm Your Child’s Anger - May 19, 2016
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Popsicles Recipe - May 12, 2016