Morning smoothies for breakfast have been a staple in our lives off and on for most of our married life. Shana packs as much nutrients as she can into her breakfast. In fact, she’s broken a few blenders so we ended up getting a certified refurbished Vitamin and we love it. We saved about $50 too! I prefer the taste of my Chocolate & Peanut Butter smoothie. I must say the recipe is genius. It is highlighted by healthy fat and quality protein!
Recently a member of my family was telling me how they make breakfast smoothies for their kids. The protein and fat have been very beneficial, particularly for their child that has a tough time paying attention. She even joked about sneaking spinach into the smoothie 🙂
Casey’s Favorite – Chocolate & Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp of organic peanut butter
- 1 scoop of organic sfh Pure chocolate whey protein
- 3/4 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- Adjust milk and ice accordingly for desired consistency
Shana’s Favorite – Fruit & Veggie Medley
- 2 tbsp organic almond butter
- 1 tbsp organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup of organic berries
- 1 banana
- 1 organic apple (Fuji)
- 1 scoop of Fruit & Vegetable Supplement Mix or a handful of organic spinach/kale
- 1 scoop of unflavored Garden of Life plant-based protein powder
- 1 cup of unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 drops of Wild Orange essential oil
The possibilities with smoothies are endless! The important part in regard to smoothies is making sure there is healthy fat and a good source of protein. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links that help keep the lights on at Halfway Holistic should you purchase thorough those links. Always remember I’m not a doctor or medical professional. The content on this site is meant for education and entertainment and should not be taken as medical advice. As always, please take responsibility for your health by doing research and possibly consulting a medical professional.