Cooking doesn’t come easily for me. I’m particularly poor at completing the various dinner items at the proper time so everything is hot. So last week I decided to roast a bunch of hard vegetables in bulk to last us for the week. They actually turned out terrific!
It made meal time much easier because I simply had to warm up the veggies and cook the protein. It also made clean-up easier as well.
Although many would assume that raw vegetables are always the healthier choice, Shana just learned that cooked carrots have TWICE the beta-carotene as raw carrots. And in our house, the healthiest vegetables are the ones that everyone will eat.
Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- Cut the vegetables however you choose, but try to be consistent with size to promote even cooking.
- Place the cut up vegetables in separate bowls.
- Melt a couple tablespoons of coconut oil in a glass container in warm water on the stove, avoiding the use of the microwave.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil over the veggies in each bowl.
- Toss the vegetables to make sure the coconut oil is evenly distributed.
- Season veggies as desire
- Roast veggies on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350º for 30-45 minutes. Make sure you don’t cook over 350º since that is coconut oil’s smoke point.
Roasted Vegetable Seasoning Options
Save yourself time and energy by cutting and cooking all your vegetables for the week in one day! If you have kids, make sure they join in on the fun. Now you have tasty, healthy food in the fridge that can be ready to eat in minutes! Just warm them up on the stove or in the oven. Healthy eating just got easier!