One of the worst things you can do for your health is clean your home. At least that’s what I tell myself so I can justify hiring someone else to clean it. The truth is most household cleaners are extremely toxic. Even if they don’t touch your skin, just inhaling the fumes can do damage to your body.
When I was pregnant, I became painfully aware of the toxicity of our cleaning products, especially in the bathtub. If you’re like me, you love a good relaxing bath with your calming bath salts with essential oils. The last thing you want to think about is all the harsh chemicals that are coming off of the tub and soaking into your skin. But cleaning bathtubs and showers can be difficult with natural cleaners.
We use the Protective Blend Cleaner Concentrate to clean most surfaces, but we ran into problems when we needed extra strength. We finally found a homemade natural cleaning paste with essential oils that is easy to make and very effective. Bonus is that it’s cheaper than even the toxic cleaners you buy at the store.
Homemade Natural Cleaning Paste with Essential Oils:
- 10 drops of Melaleuca Essential Oil which is a powerful natural cleansing oil that fights all the junk that creeps into the corners of your shower.
- 1 tsp of liquid Castille Soap
- 1 cup of baking soda (Arm & Hammer works just fine, but if you want a more natural version look for Bob’s Red Mill).
- Add water for desired texture
This paste works great for cleaning your home naturally and prevents having to put in a ton of elbow grease to get the tougher areas of your home clean. We especially love it for the bathroom, but it works well on your stove too. Simply apply the paste with a scrub brush and happy cleaning!
*This post includes affiliate links which means I’ll be compensated ever so slightly if you use my link to purchase. It is simply a way of thanking me for introducing you to great products, and helps keep the lights on.
Latest posts by Shana Bresnahan (see all)
- Wintergreen Essential Oil Uses & Benefits - February 7, 2017
- Zendocrine Detoxification Blend Essential Oil Uses & Benefits - January 24, 2017
- Coriander Essential Oil Uses & Benefits - January 10, 2017