When I think of Patchouli essential oil, I immediately think of a hippie. The scent, although a synthetic version, was commonly used in the hippie sub-culture of the 60s. It’s still frequently used in the perfume industry.
Although some may consider me a modern hippie, I’m not a fan of the scent of Patchouli. Some say it’s a love it or hate it smell.
Even though the musky-sweet aroma isn’t my favorite, the benefits speak for themselves so I still use it, especially in blends. I also enjoy diffusing it with Lime essential oil for emotional wellness. Check out more usage ideas below.
Practical uses for Patchouli essential oil:
- Add to daily moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Add three to four drops in a diffuser to help provide grounding and balance emotions.
- Combine with peppermint and apply to forehead and back of neck after a long day of work.
- Combine with Vetiver and apply to the bottoms of feet to help calm emotions.
- Promotes a smooth, glowing complexion.
Emotionally, Patchouli Essential Oil is The Oil of Physicality. It balances those who feel devitalized and who seek to escape the body through spiritual pursuits or other forms of distraction.
Patchouli essential oil is also found in the Women’s blend and the Focus blend.
Disclaimer: Essential oils are powerful and should be used with proper care and guidance. Reach out to me for recommended resources on essential oil usage. Always remember I’m not a doctor or medical professional. The content on this site is meant for education and entertainment and should not be taken as medical advice. As always, please take responsibility for your health by doing research and possibly consulting a medical professional.
Latest posts by Shana Bresnahan (see all)
- Wintergreen Essential Oil Uses & Benefits - February 7, 2017
- Zendocrine Detoxification Blend Essential Oil Uses & Benefits - January 24, 2017
- Coriander Essential Oil Uses & Benefits - January 10, 2017